Child rescued from park district pool
July 13, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- An 11-year old child is hospitalized Saturday night after being rescued from a Chicago Park District pool.
A witness said the boy dove into the deep end of the pool at Avalon Park on East 83rd Street, but did not surface.
A life guard pulled the child from the water. The fire department responded and was able to get a pulse back.
- CTA: Red Line delays persist, train service restored 63rd to 95th 4 min ago
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border 49 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Report: Centrella could buy some Dominick's stores
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- 4M passengers expected at Chicago's airports during holidays
- Man charged with fatal shooting of 12-year-old in 2012
- Cousin of Mass. gov, from Rockford, among 8 getting commutations
- Pastor defrocked after officiating son's gay marriage
- London Apollo Theatre collapse injures 79
- Photos: Target Credit Card Breach: What to do if...
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- 7 in :77
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border
49 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos