Judge gives Johnny Borizov 3 life sentences for 2010 Darien triple murder
July 15, 2013 (DARIEN, Ill.) (WLS) -- Johnny Borizov, the man found guilty in connection with the 2010 murders of three members of a suburban Darien family, was sentenced to three life sentences Monday.
A judge imposed the sentence on Johnny Borizov after emotional victim impact statements were read. Angela Kramer delivered her impact statement late Monday at the sentencing of her former boyfriend, Borizov.
Borizov was convicted of hiring his friend, 25-year-old Jacob Nodarse, to kill the family of his ex-girlfriend. Nodarse was convicted of fatally shooting Jeffrey and Lori Kramer and their son, Michael, in March 2010. Daughter Angela Kramer escaped the deadly rampage in March 2010 by hiding in a closet, eventually escaping to call 911. Borizov has a son with Angela Kramer and was in a bitter custody battle at the time of the murders.
"I can still have flashbacks of myself hiding in my closet, so scared and fearful, and not knowing whether or not I will be killed, as I hear my family screaming for their lives right outside my door. Broken glass, pops and screams, leaving three special and important people in my life dead," said Angela Kramer in her victim impact statement.
Members of both the Kramer and Borizov families were in the court Monday as the judge handed down the sentence.
"This is not the first or last time in our broken system an innocent man will be sent to prison, but I'll have to believe for the day when he's back in my arms," said Christina Borizov, Johnny Borizov's mother.
Nodarse will be sentenced in August.
- Lake Shore Drive standoff ends, suspect in custody
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- GOP gubernatorial candidates make last campaign push
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Calif. billionaire buys record life insurance policy
- ON DEMAND: St. Patrick's Day Parade
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans