Judge gives Johnny Borizov 3 life sentences for 2010 Darien triple murder
July 15, 2013 (DARIEN, Ill.) (WLS) -- Johnny Borizov, the man found guilty in connection with the 2010 murders of three members of a suburban Darien family, was sentenced to three life sentences Monday.
A judge imposed the sentence on Johnny Borizov after emotional victim impact statements were read. Angela Kramer delivered her impact statement late Monday at the sentencing of her former boyfriend, Borizov.
Borizov was convicted of hiring his friend, 25-year-old Jacob Nodarse, to kill the family of his ex-girlfriend. Nodarse was convicted of fatally shooting Jeffrey and Lori Kramer and their son, Michael, in March 2010. Daughter Angela Kramer escaped the deadly rampage in March 2010 by hiding in a closet, eventually escaping to call 911. Borizov has a son with Angela Kramer and was in a bitter custody battle at the time of the murders.
"I can still have flashbacks of myself hiding in my closet, so scared and fearful, and not knowing whether or not I will be killed, as I hear my family screaming for their lives right outside my door. Broken glass, pops and screams, leaving three special and important people in my life dead," said Angela Kramer in her victim impact statement.
Members of both the Kramer and Borizov families were in the court Monday as the judge handed down the sentence.
"This is not the first or last time in our broken system an innocent man will be sent to prison, but I'll have to believe for the day when he's back in my arms," said Christina Borizov, Johnny Borizov's mother.
Nodarse will be sentenced in August.
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing rain
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates