Mayor Rahm Emanuel meets with President Obama for 'private discussion'
Mayor Rahm Emanuel met with President Obama in Washington on Monday. A spokeswoman says their discussion was private.
Emanuel was in Washington D.C. to take part in a forum with The Atlantic magazine. The discussion covered the politics of the immigration debate and its economic impact on Chicago and other cities.
On Thursday, the Mayor will meet with First Lady Michelle Obama when she comes to Chicago. They will visit Urban Alliance Chicago, a year-long career education and employment program for underserved high school seniors.
- Snow falls as shoppers brave cold temps
- Chicago pastor under investigation for child sex abuse 33 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- Church holds service outside after roof collapse 59 min ago
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House 7 min ago
- Man dies after Evanston shooting, car crash
- Illinois Tollway readies full fleet of snowplows
- Ice storm, sleet, deep freeze in Mid-Atlantic, East Coast areas
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- Kennedy Center Honors for Joel, MacLaine, Santana, Hancock,...
- ON DEMAND: ABC 7 Chicago's 'Heart and Soul'