Fox & Obel closed by health code violations
July 15, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Health code violations have shut down Fox & Obel, one of Chicago's original gourmet grocery stores.
Streeterville's Fox & Obel grocery on the 400-block of East Illinois is closed Monday night after Department of Public Health inspectors found fruit flies and cockroaches in the store's main food preparation area.
It's not clear when the store might reopen.
- Fire at storefront church in Gary, Indiana 51 min ago
- Mayor to create grocery store task force 28 min ago
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 23 min ago
- Chicago temps to plunge as arctic air moves in 27 min ago
- CTA Blue Line to receive $492M investment 3 min ago
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Man allegedly assaulted first responders in River North
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- Midlothian officer faces excessive force charges
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville
- Photos: Toddler falls meeting Obama puppy 'Sunny'
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
23 min ago
- Chicago temps to plunge as arctic air moves...
27 min ago
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado...
54 min ago