Firefighters rescue 7 from burning apartment building
July 17, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A fire broke out in a Northwest Side building, trapping people in a second-floor apartment.
The blaze started just after 12 a.m. Wednesday in the three-story complex on North Harlem.
Firefighters rescued seven people, as flames shot out from the windows.
Heavy smoke filled the apartments, and families had to be helped down the stairwells to escape.
Six people were treated at the scene. One firefighter suffered minor injuries.
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 23 min ago
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Video: Yelp reviews: Phony or Real?
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash 36 min ago
- Woman accused of stealing credit cards from Loop gym 39 min ago
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Festival Fridays
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant