Family: Shaneda Lawrence murder ignored by police
July 18, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The family of Shaneda Lawrence, 30, who was murdered two months ago, says Chicago police are ignoring the case.
Lawrence was shot after the funeral of another family member.
"I feel like the police [are] not doing anything. They haven't called me or reached out to me and I don't think it's right, and I want justice for my daughter," Regina Lawrence said.
Chicago police say the death of Shaneda Lawrence appears to be a random act and the investigation is ongoing. They also said they take all seriously.
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Schiller Park teen arrested, suspected in 30 Park Ridge car...
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery 21 min ago
- Man accused in sex assault of pregnant ex-girlfriend
- Flight from O'Hare slides off STL taxiway
- Dangerous cold for Bears game
- Austin fire destroys building, leaves 10 homeless
- Rod Blagojevich arrest marks 5th anniversary
- Computer science to become CPS core subject
- Police: Evanston drug deal might have led to armed robbery
- abcnews: Student Fatally Shot by Campus Police
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos