Family: Shaneda Lawrence murder ignored by police
July 18, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The family of Shaneda Lawrence, 30, who was murdered two months ago, says Chicago police are ignoring the case.
Lawrence was shot after the funeral of another family member.
"I feel like the police [are] not doing anything. They haven't called me or reached out to me and I don't think it's right, and I want justice for my daughter," Regina Lawrence said.
Chicago police say the death of Shaneda Lawrence appears to be a random act and the investigation is ongoing. They also said they take all seriously.
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop 31 min ago
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square 23 min ago
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan 3 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Ohio Turnpike crash kills 3; Victims ID'd 7 min ago
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
- Photos: SXSW accident in downtown Austin
- Quinn makes 1st public event since controversial audit 50 min ago
- Woman pulled from the river in the Loop
- Public transit is good for your health, study finds
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- abcnews: Gov. Chris Christie Fires Back at Heckler
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West...
31 min ago
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
59 min ago