Coast Guard searching Lake Michigan for missing man near Hammond, Indiana
July 18, 2013 (HAMMOND, Ind.) (WLS) -- The Coast Guard searched into the night for a man who disappeared in the waters of Lake Michigan.
Chopper7 was over the scene earlier as the Coast Guard used a boat and helicopter in their search near Hammond.
ABC7 was told the 50-year-old man was boating when he went missing and was not wearing a life jacket.
He was last seen about a quarter mile north of Wahala Beach.
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains