West Nile-postive mosquitoes found on the North Shore
July 18, 2013 (NORTHFIELD, Ill.) (WLS) -- Mosquitoes have tested positive for West Nile virus in three North Shore communities.
West Nile-positive mosquitoes have been trapped in Lincolnwood, Northfield and Winnetka, according to the North Shore Mosquito Abatement District.
Officials are reminding residents in those communities to stay covered up or indoors during dawn and dusk hours and to remove any standing water around their homes.
No human cases of West Nile have been found in Illinois yet this year.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits