West Nile-postive mosquitoes found on the North Shore
July 18, 2013 (NORTHFIELD, Ill.) (WLS) -- Mosquitoes have tested positive for West Nile virus in three North Shore communities.
West Nile-positive mosquitoes have been trapped in Lincolnwood, Northfield and Winnetka, according to the North Shore Mosquito Abatement District.
Officials are reminding residents in those communities to stay covered up or indoors during dawn and dusk hours and to remove any standing water around their homes.
No human cases of West Nile have been found in Illinois yet this year.
- CTA Red Line shooting injures passenger 51 min ago
- Girl sexually assaulted near Safe Passage route
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 4 min ago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Police search for suspect in Valparaiso armed robberies
- Plane lands at O'Hare after reporting mechanical problem
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Reno hospital shooting on campus kills 2, including gunman
- Dart: Concealed carry approval process flawed
- Salvation Army feeds families, seniors in need in Chicago
- abcnews: Dad, Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
4 min ago