City finance committee endorses $10 million police brutality settlement
July 19, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The city's finance committee endorsed a $10 million settlement in another case of brutality involving former police commander Jon Burge on Friday.
The payout is for Eric Caine, whose false confession under physical abuse by officers under Burge's command led to a wrongful conviction.
Caine was released from jail in 2011.
Burge remains jailed for lying in a lawsuit about his knowledge of police torture.
chicago police department, city of chicago, local
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 7 dead, 22 hurt since Friday night
- Bad Wolf Coffee offers French caneles
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp
- Woman wanted for Wicker Park bank robbery
- BMO Harris Bank branch in Austin robbed
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 57 min ago
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- YMCA in Naperville gears up for 'Healthy Kids Day'
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home