Far South Side shooting kills 1, injures 3
July 21, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police say one person was killed, and three more were wounded in a shooting on the city's Far South Side.
According to authorities, a group of people was standing outside in the 600-block of East 131st Street at about 1:50 a.m. Sunday when a fight broke out, and someone fired a gun.
A 28-year-old man was shot multiple times and was found dead at the scene.
A 40-year-old man also was shot multiple times, and a 28-year-old woman suffered a gunshot wound to the back.
Another man, 22, also was shot in the buttocks and was expected to be OK.
Security in the area was high after the shooting. Chicago police were standing with their weapons drawn as paramedics treated the wounded.
No one was in custody as Area South detectives continued to investigate Sunday.
The incident brought the total number of shootings in Chicago over the weekend to more than a dozen.
local, diane pathieu
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults continues
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead in fire at Woodstock residence
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- 'Shady Bandit' suspected in North Side bank robbery
- Chicago Tribune endorses Bruce Rauner in GOP primary
- College student found dead on Bannockburn campus
- Naperville man attempting to run 56 miles in 56 hours
- Kustok's daughter not called to stand as defense begins
- Jewel-Osco buys 5 former Dominick's stores
- Elmhurst Armpit Orchestra in St. Patrick's Day parade
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant