Chicago-area storms injure 1, damage property
July 21, 2013 (HAMPSHIRE, Ill.) (WLS) -- A woman was injured when storms blow over a construction trailer in northwest suburban Hampshire.
Neighbors say the wind suddenly kicked up and swept through their neighborhood.
One couple ran outside to help the injured woman.
"The trailer was over on its side, and there was a person standing on top of the trailer in the pouring rain. Horrible, standing up there. And we didn't know if they were just checking something out. It took us a few minutes to figure out that she was actually in trouble. A bunch of us just darted through the field after her. We were able to use a ladder to get her down," said neighbor Heather Brown.
Paramedics treated the injured woman on the scene.
The quick-moving storm also toppled trees and power lines.
In north suburban Niles, storms knocked down large trees and damaged at least two vehicles parked on the street.
There were no reports of any injuries.
City crews responded to remove the debris from the roads.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side 44 min ago
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say 17 min ago
- Snowboard park accident 911 calls released 34 min ago
- Bridge over Western demolished for Bloomingdale Trail 11 min ago
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- More goats found dead in Ill. animal cruelty case
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Free small business expo begins in Chicago
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All 50 min ago