Woman, 62, confirmed as 2nd heat-related death in Chicago area
July 21, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A second heat-related death has been confirmed in the Chicago area this year.
An autopsy over the weekend revealed heat was a factor in the death of Hazel Perisee, 62.
She died at her home on the 1800-block of West 79th Street Friday.
One day before, officials say 71-year-old Ann Spears of the 9700-block of South Green Street died because of the heat and medical conditions.
- Man, 20, charged in Boystown sex assault
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Carl Sandburg H.S. on 'soft lockdown'
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- Amber Creek murder suspect appears at preliminary hearing
- Resurfacing project begins to fill potholes
- Gurnee man sentenced in sex assaults of 2 kids
- Huntley teen charged, allegedly crashed SUV into home
- Truck driver who allegedly molested 11 kids sentenced
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- ABC 7 To Go, April 16, 2014
36 min ago
- 'The Chew'?s Carla Hall
54 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos