Woman, 62, confirmed as 2nd heat-related death in Chicago area
July 21, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A second heat-related death has been confirmed in the Chicago area this year.
An autopsy over the weekend revealed heat was a factor in the death of Hazel Perisee, 62.
She died at her home on the 1800-block of West 79th Street Friday.
One day before, officials say 71-year-old Ann Spears of the 9700-block of South Green Street died because of the heat and medical conditions.
- Bicyclist struck, killed by car on West Side 1 min ago
- Freeze hits Chicago area, snow expected Sunday 2 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- ComEd vault fire in West Loop
- Astor House tenants face eviction
- New church opens for fast-growing congregation
- Cancer patient without heat after power shut off
- 'Peeping Tom' caught watching woman before assault
- Dylan's electric guitar sells for nearly $1M
- Couples renew marriage vows at Field Museum
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Run Hotel With Grilling Area
- Freeze hits Chicago area, snow expected...
2 min ago
- Bicyclist struck, killed by car on West Side
1 min ago