Woman, 62, confirmed as 2nd heat-related death in Chicago area
July 21, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A second heat-related death has been confirmed in the Chicago area this year.
An autopsy over the weekend revealed heat was a factor in the death of Hazel Perisee, 62.
She died at her home on the 1800-block of West 79th Street Friday.
One day before, officials say 71-year-old Ann Spears of the 9700-block of South Green Street died because of the heat and medical conditions.
- Riverdale body, Chicago missing girl case merge, police say 27 min ago
- Lake Shore Drive reopens after 8-hour standoff
- St. Patrick's Day traditions decoded
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- NCAA Tournament 2014 bracket matchups set
- Toddler reported missing on South Side
- Unclaimed items auctioned off by treasurer's office 36 min ago
- Kevin Trudeau to be sentenced in federal court
- Train incident stops Metra at Grayslake during morning commute
- Semi rolls over at I-80 in Country Club Hills
- Late winter snow shuts schools, offices on East Coast
- NIT 2014 bracket puts Illini as No. 2 seed
- Billion Dollar Bracket Challenge seeks perfect NCAA guesses
- St. Patrick's Day 2014 parades proceed amid tension over gays
- Riverdale body, Chicago missing girl case...
27 min ago