2 missing Elmhurst senior citizens located
July 21, 2013 (ELMHURST, Ill.) (WLS) -- Elmhurst police say two senior citizens reported missing by family members have been located in Bureau County, IL. Vernon and Elaine Schweisthal were last seen Friday morning.
A passing motorist noticed a car pulled off onto a side road leading into a high corn field. The motorist called Bureau County Sheriff's Police.
A deputy located the car and discovered that it was wanted by Elmhurst Police in connection with the Schweisthals missing and endangered persons investigation.
The Schweisthal vehicle was inoperable and the couple appeared to be suffering from dehydration.
Both Vernon and Elaine Schweisthal were transported to a local hospital in Bureau County for observation.
The Schweisthals were believed to have left their Elmhurst home en-route to Mount Prospect to meet friends for lunch. They never arrived.
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault 10 min ago
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire 30 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 17 min ago
- Child struck, killed by car in Whiting, Ind. 1 min ago
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday
- ComEd seeks rate hike to help pay for Smart Grid 8 min ago
- CTA eyes Red Line extension proposals 3 min ago
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours 44 min ago
- Chicago casino plans pitched at gaming hearing
- UIC faculty strike averted, tentative deal reached
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- I-Team: Warning about home loans
40 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos