2 missing Elmhurst senior citizens located
July 21, 2013 (ELMHURST, Ill.) (WLS) -- Elmhurst police say two senior citizens reported missing by family members have been located in Bureau County, IL. Vernon and Elaine Schweisthal were last seen Friday morning.
A passing motorist noticed a car pulled off onto a side road leading into a high corn field. The motorist called Bureau County Sheriff's Police.
A deputy located the car and discovered that it was wanted by Elmhurst Police in connection with the Schweisthals missing and endangered persons investigation.
The Schweisthal vehicle was inoperable and the couple appeared to be suffering from dehydration.
Both Vernon and Elaine Schweisthal were transported to a local hospital in Bureau County for observation.
The Schweisthals were believed to have left their Elmhurst home en-route to Mount Prospect to meet friends for lunch. They never arrived.
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs 9 min ago
- Mother charged in death of 7-month-old baby
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Man charged after boy allegedly brings gun to Elgin school
- Block 37 developers indicted on federal fraud charges
- Mariano's holds job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- No retrial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- Rally held to support CTA program that helps ex-convicts
- Metra Rock Island train hits car on South Side
- Mom charged after YouTube postings of alphabet lesson
- Michael Jordan shoes from Finals sell for $104K
- Coyote attacks on small dogs reported in Wheaton
- abcnews: More Teens Sought in Mansion Party
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs
9 min ago