2 missing Elmhurst senior citizens located
July 21, 2013 (ELMHURST, Ill.) (WLS) -- Elmhurst police say two senior citizens reported missing by family members have been located in Bureau County, IL. Vernon and Elaine Schweisthal were last seen Friday morning.
A passing motorist noticed a car pulled off onto a side road leading into a high corn field. The motorist called Bureau County Sheriff's Police.
A deputy located the car and discovered that it was wanted by Elmhurst Police in connection with the Schweisthals missing and endangered persons investigation.
The Schweisthal vehicle was inoperable and the couple appeared to be suffering from dehydration.
Both Vernon and Elaine Schweisthal were transported to a local hospital in Bureau County for observation.
The Schweisthals were believed to have left their Elmhurst home en-route to Mount Prospect to meet friends for lunch. They never arrived.
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan 48 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 45 min ago
- Pfleger wants 'American' billboard with assault weapon removed 24 min ago
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges
- Man shot to death in Hammond
- Man charged with murder for South Side bar shooting
- Chicago-Portland flight allegedly disrupted by man who wanted 4...
- Sign of Spring: Original Rainbow Cone now open
- NJ judge rules moms don't have to let dads in delivery room
- Photos: 'Modern Family' house on market for $2.35M
- abcnews: Gov. Chris Christie Fires Back at Heckler 9 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
45 min ago
- ABC7 to Go, March 13, 2014
22 min ago