Chicago tourism bringing in record-breaking revenue
July 22, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel's office was touting record tourism numbers Monday.
In the first six months of the year 2013, Chicago saw the highest ever hotel occupancy rate, the highest amount of revenue for hotels, and the highest amount of leisure hotel revenue.
According to the mayor's office, from January to June, more than 71 percent of hotel rooms were full, and hotels collected more than $800 million in revenue.
Also, for the first time, more than $500 million came from leisure travelers.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57 38 min ago
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- CTA Green Line briefly interrupted 31 min ago
- Dog rescue underway at Lake Michigan
- Free small business expo begins in Chicago 1 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend 58 min ago
- Foreign military mission barred from Crimea
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
38 min ago
- Charles "Peanut" Tillman 5k Walk/ Run
51 min ago