Chicago tourism bringing in record-breaking revenue
July 22, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel's office was touting record tourism numbers Monday.
In the first six months of the year 2013, Chicago saw the highest ever hotel occupancy rate, the highest amount of revenue for hotels, and the highest amount of leisure hotel revenue.
According to the mayor's office, from January to June, more than 71 percent of hotel rooms were full, and hotels collected more than $800 million in revenue.
Also, for the first time, more than $500 million came from leisure travelers.
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Officials probe potential threat on Delta flight 22 min ago
- Freed inmate: New investigation 'like a nightmare'
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Woman sues Four Seasons, claims injuries from massage
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake