Lollapalooza prep begins with street closures
July 23, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Crews are already getting ready for next week's start of the Lollapalooza music festival in Grant Park.
Tuesday morning, the Chicago Department of Transportation began putting barricades at Columbus and Balbo.
Balbo is already closed so crews can begin setting up stages and Columbus is also supposed to close to traffic through Grant Park Tuesday.
Lollapalooza starts a week from Friday.
divvy bike share, local
- Snow, bitter cold to make for messy commute
- Office Depot moving OfficeMax HQ from Naperville to FL
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Crews battle large fire in unoccupied Skokie building
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $344M
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Lake Zurich lockdowns lifted after reported student with weapons
- Derrick Smith wants case thrown out for being too 'vague'
- Santa visits cancer patient at Northwestern Hospital
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year