James Trelford allegedly makes bomb threat to Vernon Hills concert after woman's rejection
July 23, 2013 (VERNON HILLS, Ill.) (WLS) -- A north suburban man is accused of phoning in a bomb threat to a Vernon Hills concert.
Police say he was upset because a woman he met there didn't like him.
James Trelford is charged with felony disorderly conduct. Investigators say he called in the threat Saturday saying he planted bombs at the Vernon Hills Summer Celebration in Century Park.
Police say they traced the call, found Trelford and arrested him. He allegedly told police there were no explosives, but that he made the call because a woman he met there did not share his affection.
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS 7 min ago
- Employees, customers prepare for Dominick's final days 17 min ago
- Midlothian's The Tint Shop burglarized 3 times in 1 night 56 min ago
- Gov. Quinn looks back on 2013 28 min ago
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- Me You & Her raises money for Chicago food banks
- 'I-55 Bandit' pleads guilty to robbery charge
- Weekender Report by Roz Varon
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos