Blue Island Ald. Michael Janko's funeral to be held Wednesday
July 23, 2013 (BLUE ISLAND, Ill.) (WLS) -- The Blue Island City Council met for the first time Tuesday since the death of Alderman Michael Janko. The council observed a moment of silence before starting its work.
Last week, Janko was boating with friends just off the lakefront in Whiting, Indiana when he jumped into the water. Witnesses say he appeared to have trouble, then slipped under the surface.
His body was found several hours later.
Janko's visitation was Tuesday night. A funeral will take place Wednesday morning.
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- Ohio Turnpike crash kills 3; Victims ID'd
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains