Loop stores on alert after string of robberies
July 24, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police issued a new warning Wednesday about store robberies in the Loop.
A group of teen girls and women has robbed at least three stores since late June.
Stores in the zero to 100 block of North Wabash, the zero to 100 block of East Madison and the 100 block of South State Street have been targeted.
In each case, the suspects try to shoplift items, then use force or threaten store employees who confront them.
- Teen dead after car chase and shooting
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on Western Avenue
- South Korea ferry captain, 2 crew members arrested
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Police: 2 males found dead in South Side residence
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off 35 min ago
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- Woman dies after being rescued from Lake Michigan
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Missing boy's body found off Mass. highway 7 min ago
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake