Loop stores on alert after string of robberies
July 24, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police issued a new warning Wednesday about store robberies in the Loop.
A group of teen girls and women has robbed at least three stores since late June.
Stores in the zero to 100 block of North Wabash, the zero to 100 block of East Madison and the 100 block of South State Street have been targeted.
In each case, the suspects try to shoplift items, then use force or threaten store employees who confront them.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 55 min ago
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Snowboard park accident 911 calls released
- Volunteers get word out on insurance sign-up
- Bridge over Western demolished for Bloomingdale Trail
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
55 min ago