Loop stores on alert after string of robberies
July 24, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police issued a new warning Wednesday about store robberies in the Loop.
A group of teen girls and women has robbed at least three stores since late June.
Stores in the zero to 100 block of North Wabash, the zero to 100 block of East Madison and the 100 block of South State Street have been targeted.
In each case, the suspects try to shoplift items, then use force or threaten store employees who confront them.
- Chicago Weather: Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs 1 min ago
- Baby who died after being left home alone ID'd 37 min ago
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 11 min ago
- Thousands expected at Our Lady of Guadalupe shrine
- Chicago Skyway reopened after 5 injured in accident
- Renee Fleming, Yo Yo Ma celebrate CPS arts program
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Chicago Children's Choir alumni reunite to honor Mandela
- Family searching for missing Lansing man
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city, suburbs
- 2 moms seek answers in sons' police shooting deaths
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Man sues, alleging victimization by convicted priest
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
11 min ago
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead
50 min ago