Loop stores on alert after string of robberies
July 24, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police issued a new warning Wednesday about store robberies in the Loop.
A group of teen girls and women has robbed at least three stores since late June.
Stores in the zero to 100 block of North Wabash, the zero to 100 block of East Madison and the 100 block of South State Street have been targeted.
In each case, the suspects try to shoplift items, then use force or threaten store employees who confront them.
- South suburbs on alert after series of attacks
- Chicago doctor among 3 killed in Afghanistan
- Crowds descend on Rome ahead of canonization
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Wrigley Field anniversary cake tossed in dumpster
- Chicago plastic bag ban OK'd by council committee
- 5 CPS schools to begin offering mariachi classes
- I-Team: Gov't officials discuss campus sex assaults
- Hinsdale woman featured in People magazine
- All Southland College Prep seniors accepted to college
- NIU hazing death case in court
- Grayslake dry cleaners chemical spill injures 4
- NLRB grants review of NU football players union ruling
- abcnews: Avril Lavigne Slammed for New Video