Funeral to honor Blue Island Ald. Michael Janko
July 24, 2013 (BLUE ISLAND, Ill.) -- Fellow Blue Island city council members will gather Wednesday, along with other friends and loved ones, at the funeral for Alderman Michael Janko.
The council met Tuesday night for the first time since Janko's death. A moment of silence was observed.
Mayor Domingo Vargas spoke about his friendship with Janko and their shared love of corvettes.
Janko was boating with friends just off the lakefront in whiting, Indiana last week, when he went into the water without a life vest and drowned.
- 5 injured after truck crashes into grocery store 32 min ago
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd 14 min ago
- City: Kup statue not stolen, out for repairs 36 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Western closed St. Paul to Mofftt over weekend
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession 24 min ago
- Mumps reports spike across Illinois
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Good Friday 2014 marked in Jerusalem, around world
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging