Funeral to honor Blue Island Ald. Michael Janko
July 24, 2013 (BLUE ISLAND, Ill.) -- Fellow Blue Island city council members will gather Wednesday, along with other friends and loved ones, at the funeral for Alderman Michael Janko.
The council met Tuesday night for the first time since Janko's death. A moment of silence was observed.
Mayor Domingo Vargas spoke about his friendship with Janko and their shared love of corvettes.
Janko was boating with friends just off the lakefront in whiting, Indiana last week, when he went into the water without a life vest and drowned.
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains