City spraying to control mosquitos in Albany Park, Irving Park, Avondale
July 24, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- On Thursday night, city crews will spray for mosquitoes on Chicago's Northwest Side.
Trucks carrying insecticide will roll through the Albany Park, Irving Park and Avondale neighborhoods.
The spraying is part of an effort to kill adult mosquitos that carry the West Nile virus.
It begins at dusk at Thursday and will continue until about one Friday morning.
city of chicago, local
- Bicyclist struck, killed by car on West Side 42 min ago
- Freeze hits Chicago area, snow expected Sunday 43 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 6 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- ComEd vault fire in West Loop
- Astor House tenants face eviction
- New church opens for fast-growing congregation
- Cancer patient without heat after power shut off
- 'Peeping Tom' caught watching woman before assault
- Dylan's electric guitar sells for nearly $1M
- Couples renew marriage vows at Field Museum
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Run Hotel With Grilling Area
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
6 min ago
- Freeze hits Chicago area, snow expected...
43 min ago
- Bicyclist struck, killed by car on West Side
42 min ago