Firefighters battling residential fires on city's North, West sides
July 24, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Emergency crews are on the scene of an apartment building fire on the city's North Side, as well as a house fire on the West Side.
The apartment building fire started a short time ago in the 6900-block of North Bell.
There are reports one person has been taken to a hospital for treatment.
Firefighters are also on the scene of a house fire on the city's West Side.
It is happening in the 700-block of North Pine. ABC7 was told that this is an abandoned house.
No word of any injuries at this point.
city of chicago, chicago fire department, local
- Van driver dies after fiery CTA bus crash
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run
- Park Ridge pole crash causes power outage
- 1957 murder convict Jack McCullough files appeal
- Photos: Van driver dies after CTA bus crash in...
- Missouri execution carried out after 1993 murder of couple over...
- Photos: "That happened how?" Bizarre mix-ups 44 min ago
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
- 7 in :77
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos