Richard J. Daley archive at University of Illinois-Chicago opens Thursday
July 24, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Starting Thursday, an archive of memorabilia and papers collected by the late Chicago Mayor Richard J. Daley will be open to the public.
Some of the items donated to the University of Illinois at Chicago were displayed at the Daley Library during a reception Wednesday night.
The collection includes inscribed books, personal mementos, art and photographs.
This is not an exhibit. Visitors have to work with the archivist to reserve a time, request specific pieces then look at them in a nearby reading room.
city of chicago, local
- 2 winter storms take aim at Chicago area
- Missing Michigan doctor's car found in Indiana
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Dixon to receive $9.2M restitution in Crundwell case
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- Indiana Toll Road reopened after truck rollover
- Elkhart native killed in NATO helicopter crash in Afghanistan
- Aurora pastor gets 12 years in prison
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates