Chicago hosting national summit on urban violence
July 25, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Three local members of Congress begin a two-day national summit in Chicago on urban violence.
Representatives Bobby Rush, Danny Davis and Robin Kelly discussed the reasons behind gun violence in the city.
They also talked about the unintended consequences of dismantling public housing projects.
The U.S. representatives are being joined by members of the Congressional Black Caucus from other states.
The summit continues at Chicago State University on Friday.
chicago violence, city of chicago, local
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Ga lottery winner claims Mega Millions prize
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Durbin presses regulators to prevent tanker tragedies
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus