Chicago hosting national summit on urban violence
July 25, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Three local members of Congress begin a two-day national summit in Chicago on urban violence.
Representatives Bobby Rush, Danny Davis and Robin Kelly discussed the reasons behind gun violence in the city.
They also talked about the unintended consequences of dismantling public housing projects.
The U.S. representatives are being joined by members of the Congressional Black Caucus from other states.
The summit continues at Chicago State University on Friday.
chicago violence, city of chicago, local
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder 40 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island 59 min ago
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school 22 min ago
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010...
40 min ago
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
49 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos