Chicago honoring Chaka Khan with street name
July 26, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago's hometown star Chaka Khan celebrates four decades in music and her 60th birthday with events in Chicago this weekend.
Saturday, Chaka Khan will be honored by having a street named after her.
"Chaka Khan Way" will be S. Blackstone Avenue between 50th and 51st.
Sunday is going to be "Chaka Khan Day".
She will perform at a free concert at 6 p.m. at the Pritzker Pavilion at Millennium Park.
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes 30 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 35 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects face detention hearing
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
35 min ago
- 7 in :77
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park...
30 min ago