Addison stabbing leaves woman dead
July 26, 2013 (ADDISON, Ill.) (WLS) -- Police are not talking, but the medical examiner tells ABC7 on Friday night a woman taken from the home has died and she had head trauma.
Neighbors tell us there was a second victim in the home, the woman's teenage son. There is no word on the son's condition.
Police wrapped up investigating Friday evening before 6 p.m. The stabbings took place early Friday in the 900-block of Craig.
Neighbors say the incident has all the makings of a domestic dispute. Addison police were called to the home about 3:00 a.m. Neighbors said it was a bloody scene.
Neighbors say the couple has lived in Addison for more than a decade. Neighbors said that the couple who lives in the home with three children has been having marital problems. Some sort of argument started outside the house Thursday evening.
They were arguing on the lawn, and apparently that argument continued inside later. ABC7 is told the woman who lives here, Martha Worley, was stabbed a number of times and is in critical condition. ABC7 has not been able to confirm that with a hospital. Her teenage son, the oldest of the three children who live in this home was less seriously injured as was her husband. Police have yet to release any information. This information is all coming from neighbors at this point.
"I'm in complete shock... to know this happened maybe three down," said neighbor Miguel Lopez, Jr. "This is a great neighborhood, all of us are friends here... I wish the best for them."
This is apparently a tight-knit neighborhood. Most people said they are familiar with the couple and know the family and say this is very out of character for them. "We hope everything is going to be OK, because everybody loved the couple, everybody knows them, and we don't understand what is going on," said neighbor Marina Melendez.
Police carried out boxes of evidence Friday afternoon. The DuPage County State's Attorney said they had not approved any charges in the case as of 6 p.m. Friday.
local, john garcia
- Freezing rain, snow spreads across NW suburbs
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Albany Park youth orchestra broadens students' horizons
- 400 tuba players perform at Palmer House Hilton
- Families of murdered children gather at St. Sabina
- Holiday posada offers health insurance help in Pilsen
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking