Oakwood Shores opening brings mixed income housing to South Side
July 26, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The grand opening was held Friday on the latest phase of a development that's bringing jobs and mixed income housing to the South Side.
Oakwood Shores is located in the 3700-block of South Cottage Grove. It will offer mixed income housing for 48 families.
It also includes a medical center operated by Mercy Hospital.
The site used to be home to the Ida B. Wells, Madden Park and Clarence Darrow public housing developments.
city of chicago, local
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos