Kevin Trudeau dodges jail, receiver to recover assets: Federal judge
July 26, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A federal judge in Chicago finds pitchman Kevin Trudeau in contempt, but declines to throw him in jail.
The Federal Trade Commission wanted Trudeau behind bars, until he pays back more than $37 million.
The agency says he cheated customers who purchased his weight loss book.
Trudeau says he doesn't have the money.
On Friday, the judge ordered a receiver to track down any assets that can be recovered.
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bears beat Cowboys 45-28 on Ditka Day
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault
- Illinois man charged with animal cruelty defends actions
- $100M investment proposed for Gary Airport
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Stained-glass exhibit opens in Chicago pedway
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center
- Vaccinate Illinois Week kicks off to promote flu shots
- abcnews: Most Popular Gifts: 2013 vs. 1913