95-year-old died of blunt force trauma after confrontation with police
July 28, 2013 (PARK FOREST, Ill.) (WLS) -- The 95 year-old assisted living facility resident who died after an armed confrontation with police died of blunt force trauma to the abdomen, according to an autopsy.
John Warna was hit by a stun gun and beanbag rounds after Park Forest police say he threatened them with a cane and then a knife at the Victory Centre of Park Forest apartments Friday night.
Police were called because of Warna's allegedly combative behavior.
State investigators are reviewing the case.
- Chicago temps to plunge as arctic air moves in
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado victims
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Man allegedly assaulted first responders in River North
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- Huge fire hydrants auctioned to benefit 100 Club
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- Midlothian officer faces excessive force charges
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville
- Soul Children give Chicago show before Europe tour
- Photos: Toddler falls meeting Obama puppy 'Sunny'
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot