Chaka Khan headlines free Millennium Park show
July 28, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Chaka Khan headlined a free concert Sunday night in Millennium Park.
The free show is part of a weekend celebration of the Chicago native.
On Saturday, a strip of Blackstone Avenue in Hyde Park was renamed in her honor.
The 60-year-old was raised on the city's South Side and attended Kenwood Academy.
The singer was born Yvette Marie Stevens; she was given the stage name "Chaka Khan" by an African shaman.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State 51 min ago
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL 48 min ago
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse 54 min ago
- $7 million shoplifting suspects face detention hearing 38 min ago
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death 24 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka 15 min ago
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- 7 in :77