Police warn of Mag Mile smash-and-grab burglaries
July 29, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Police say a group of smash-and-grab burglars have hit two stores in the North Michigan Avenue area.
According to police, the first burglary took place early in the morning last Monday in the 600-block of North Michigan Avenue.
The second burglary happened Sunday morning in the 100-block of East Oak Street.
Investigators say the suspects break shop windows and grab as much merchandise as they can, then run from the scene.
No one has been injured.
magnificent mile, local
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 46 min ago
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more 21 min ago
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
46 min ago
- Trio of new distilleries open in Chicago
56 min ago