Police warn of Mag Mile smash-and-grab burglaries
July 29, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Police say a group of smash-and-grab burglars have hit two stores in the North Michigan Avenue area.
According to police, the first burglary took place early in the morning last Monday in the 600-block of North Michigan Avenue.
The second burglary happened Sunday morning in the 100-block of East Oak Street.
Investigators say the suspects break shop windows and grab as much merchandise as they can, then run from the scene.
No one has been injured.
magnificent mile, local
- Snow blankets city, suburbs 8 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 12 min ago
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party
- SUV with child stolen in Colorado, I-25 chase 59 min ago
- Bears terminate Julius Peppers contract 54 min ago
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary