Police warn of Mag Mile smash-and-grab burglaries
July 29, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Police say a group of smash-and-grab burglars have hit two stores in the North Michigan Avenue area.
According to police, the first burglary took place early in the morning last Monday in the 600-block of North Michigan Avenue.
The second burglary happened Sunday morning in the 100-block of East Oak Street.
Investigators say the suspects break shop windows and grab as much merchandise as they can, then run from the scene.
No one has been injured.
magnificent mile, local
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Bad Wolf Coffee offers French caneles
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting 55 min ago
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp
- Woman wanted for Wicker Park bank robbery
- BMO Harris Bank branch in Austin robbed
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Chris Farley's brother seeks Madison aldermanic seat
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home