Chicago police job applications accepted starting Thursday
July 30, 2013 ( CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Chicago Police Department has announced it will start accepting applications to join the force Thursday.
A police exam will be given to applicants in December.
Since Mayor Rahm Emanuel took office, the police academy has held seven graduations, and 429 new officers have joined the police department.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 1 min ago
- Brief warm-up followed by snow 26 min ago
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Pi Day celebrated on 3.14 with Chicago specials
- Photos: Chicago police officer killed in crash
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- Northwestern University unveils $3.75B campaign 46 min ago
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains
- 7 in 77
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
1 min ago