CHA unveils plans to redevelop Lathrop Homes on North Side
July 30, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Chicago Housing Authority has unveiled its plans for redeveloping the Lathrop Homes public housing complex.
They call for keeping some of the original buildings, but the interiors would be redone. New buildings and retail space would be added.
The Lathrop Homes are located on the North Side at the border of Roscoe Village and Bucktown.
Some are concerned that plans to create market rate housing would force out lower income residents.
city of chicago, local
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs 5 min ago
- Mother charged in death of 7-month-old baby 49 min ago
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 35 min ago
- Boy, 7, allegedly brings loaded gun to Elgin school 46 min ago
- Block 37 developer indicted on federal fraud charges 9 min ago
- Mariano's holds job fairs this week in city, suburbs 57 min ago
- No retrial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice 16 min ago
- Rally held to support CTA program that helps ex-convicts 26 min ago
- Metra Rock Island train hits car on South Side
- Mom charged after YouTube postings of alphabet lesson
- Man shot to death in Logan Square
- Coyote attacks on small dogs reported in Wheaton
- abcnews: 911 calls in Jameis Winston case
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
35 min ago
- Boy, 7, allegedly brings loaded gun to...
46 min ago
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs
5 min ago
- No retrial for alleged CPD torture victim...
16 min ago