CHA unveils plans to redevelop Lathrop Homes on North Side
July 30, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Chicago Housing Authority has unveiled its plans for redeveloping the Lathrop Homes public housing complex.
They call for keeping some of the original buildings, but the interiors would be redone. New buildings and retail space would be added.
The Lathrop Homes are located on the North Side at the border of Roscoe Village and Bucktown.
Some are concerned that plans to create market rate housing would force out lower income residents.
city of chicago, local
- Lake Shore Drive standoff ends, suspect in custody 2 min ago
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery 47 min ago
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- GOP gubernatorial candidates make last campaign push
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Calif. billionaire buys record life insurance policy
- Photos: St. Patrick's Day in Chicago
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans