More downtown streets closed as Lollapalooza weekend nears
July 31, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- More street closings Wednesday as Chicago gets ready to host Lollapalooza.
Columbus is now closed from Monroe to Roosevelt, and Balbo is closed from Michigan to Congress. Congress is closed from Michigan to Columbus, and Jackson is shut down between Michigan and Columbus.
Concert goers should be aware bags will searched every time they enter the festival grounds.
There will be express lanes for people without bags.
Lollapalooza kicks off Friday afternoon in Grant Park and runs through Sunday with more than 130 bands appearing on eight stages.
city of chicago, local
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs 9 min ago
- Mother charged in death of 7-month-old baby 14 min ago
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Boy, 7, allegedly brings loaded gun to Elgin school 31 min ago
- Metra Rock Island train hits car on South Side
- Mom charged after YouTube postings of alphabet lesson
- Fatally shot alleged robber suspected in Harvey cop shooting
- No re-trial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- Man shot to death in Logan Square
- Chicago airports rank poorly for on-time departures 33 min ago
- Coyote attacks on small dogs reported in Wheaton
- Indiana schools delayed by cold snap
- abcnews: 911 calls in Jameis Winston case
- Mother charged in death of 7-month-old baby
14 min ago