More downtown streets closed as Lollapalooza weekend nears
July 31, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- More street closings Wednesday as Chicago gets ready to host Lollapalooza.
Columbus is now closed from Monroe to Roosevelt, and Balbo is closed from Michigan to Congress. Congress is closed from Michigan to Columbus, and Jackson is shut down between Michigan and Columbus.
Concert goers should be aware bags will searched every time they enter the festival grounds.
There will be express lanes for people without bags.
Lollapalooza kicks off Friday afternoon in Grant Park and runs through Sunday with more than 130 bands appearing on eight stages.
city of chicago, local
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap