Sopraffina first bulk buyer of Cook Co. Jail produce
July 31, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago-based restaurant Sopraffina is the first bulk buyer of produce grown at Cook County Jail's Urban Garden.
The restaurant has five downtown locations and specializes in Italian food from locally raised and sustainable produce. For 20 years, the Cook County Jail garden has been tended by detainees who learn gardening skills through the program.
Chicago restaurants Yusho, The Publican, Blackbird and Avec also buy fruits and vegetables from the garden.
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- Police: KC highway shooting suspect in custody
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Francis Cardinal George holds Holy Thursday mass
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos