British Cooper, 27, charged in hit-and-run at 83rd, Racine
July 31, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Chicago woman is in jail after she was accused in a hit-and-run accident that killed a 77-year-old man.
On Wednesday afternoon, a judge order 27-year-old British Cooper held on $250,000 bond.
She's charged with leaving the scene of the accident that killed Arthur Johnson two weeks ago.
He was crossing the street at 83rd and Racine.
The crash was captured on surveillance video.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 23 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online 30 min ago
- CTA Green Line service halted, officials say 44 min ago
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Dog rescue underway at Lake Michigan 14 min ago
- Foreign military mission barred from Crimea 25 min ago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD