William Petersen returns to theatre roots in Steppenwolf's 'Slowgirl'
July 31, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- William Petersen is starring in a new play at the Steppenwolf Theatre.
"Slowgirl" is about a teenage girl who flees a problem by retreating to her uncle's home in Costa Rica.
Peterson says he is lucky to have been cast in hit movies and TV, but insists that was a result of his work in Chicago.
And although he appreciates the time spent on TV, he says he felt stuck in Hollywood.
"It was great and it was wonderful, and I really enjoyed having a chance to totally explore that medium, but at the end of the day, it's too hard to tell good stories," said William Petersen.
Peterson says he's looking forward to seeing shows at some of the city's other theatres.
"Slowgirl" runs through August 25 in Steppenwolf's upstairs theatre.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 43 min ago
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up 30 min ago
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- 11th District Republicans hope to unseat Bill Foster
- Chicagoan helping to empower college students
- Woodstock man accused in 8 rapes waives jury trial
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- Bears agree to 1-year deal with Tillman
- Video: Time-Lapse Video: Snow Melt in Naperville
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation 25 min ago
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
43 min ago
- I-Team: Billionaire arrested on Chicago...
31 min ago