Attempted kidnapping of woman reported on NW Side
August 1, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Police are warning Northwest Side residents after a woman was followed and grabbed by a man Monday evening.
On Monday, police say, around 6 p.m., a 33-year-old woman was walking near the intersection of Elston Avenue and Pulaski Road when a man she didn't know in a red vehicle began calling to her as he slowed down and followed her.
At 4300 N. Pulaski Road, the man approached the victim and grabbed her by the arm and attempted to drag her toward his vehicle, police say.
The would-be abductor is described as Hispanic or Indian, 48-55 years old, 5'9"-5'10", black hair, wearing a red shirt. The man had a large visible scar on his nose.
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city, suburbs 42 min ago
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead 38 min ago
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 50 min ago
- Accident closes Chicago Skyway inbound lanes, 5 injured 37 min ago
- Proposed law on gun sentencing tweaked
- Pope honored as Catholics gather at Our Lady of Guadalupe 4 min ago
- 2 moms seek answers in sons' police shooting deaths 33 min ago
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs 32 min ago
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Man sues, alleging victimization by convicted priest 36 min ago
- Styrofoam product ban proposed in Chicago
- Cops: Drunk ambulance driver caused Uptown crash
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
50 min ago
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city,...
42 min ago
- Settlement reached after lottery winner's...
16 min ago
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead
38 min ago