Joliet prison fire was arson, fire marshal says; Warehouse on 'Blues Brothers' filming site destroyed
August 2, 2013 (JOLIET, Ill.) (WLS) -- The fire at a Joliet state prison complex where '' The Blues Brothers'' and several TV shows were filmed was set, officials said.
The July 25 fire broke out overnight in the old Joliet Correctional Center at 1132 Collins Street and destroyed a warehouse. No suspects in the arson have been identified, according to the Illinois State Fire Marshal.
The warehouse was one of about a dozen buildings in the Joliet prison complex. No other buildings were damaged.
The Joliet Correctional Center was built in the 1850s, and closed in 2002. Since then it's been used in several movies and TV shows.
- Lake Shore Drive reopens after 8-hour standoff
- Young girl found dead in Riverdale 57 min ago
- NCAA Tournament 2014 bracket matchups set 37 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- KevinTrudeau to be sentenced in federal court
- Toddler reported missing on South Side 19 min ago
- Person hit by train in Grayslake, Metra affected
- Semi rolls over at I-80 in Country Club Hills
- 2 found dead in Michigan City shooting
- St. Patrick's Day 2014 parades proceed amid tension over gays
- Billion Dollar Bracket Challenge seeks perfect NCAA guesses
- NIT 2014 bracket puts Illini as No. 2 seed
- ON DEMAND: St. Patrick's Day Parade
- Fred Phelps, of Westboro Baptist Church, suffers health issues
- Toddler reported missing on South Side
19 min ago
- Young girl found dead in Riverdale
57 min ago