Joliet prison fire was arson, fire marshal says; Warehouse on 'Blues Brothers' filming site destroyed
August 2, 2013 (JOLIET, Ill.) (WLS) -- The fire at a Joliet state prison complex where '' The Blues Brothers'' and several TV shows were filmed was set, officials said.
The July 25 fire broke out overnight in the old Joliet Correctional Center at 1132 Collins Street and destroyed a warehouse. No suspects in the arson have been identified, according to the Illinois State Fire Marshal.
The warehouse was one of about a dozen buildings in the Joliet prison complex. No other buildings were damaged.
The Joliet Correctional Center was built in the 1850s, and closed in 2002. Since then it's been used in several movies and TV shows.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park 7 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released 8 min ago
- California earthquake centered in Eureka measures 6.9 magnitude
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- 7 in :77
1 min ago
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
7 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment...
8 min ago