CPS to lay off 200 cafeteria workers
August 2, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago Public Schools announced it is sending out layoff notices to 200 cafeteria workers.
School leaders say they offered buyouts to workers, but not enough accepted.
The school district is dealing with a billion dollar deficit.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly 36 min ago
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer 4 min ago