DUI charge for mother after 9 children injured in crash
August 2, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 30-year-old Chicago mother has been charged with drunk driving after she was involved in a rollover crash that left nine children injured Friday morning on the South Side.
The woman, identified by state police as Tonica Conwell, reportedly lost control of her Chevy Suburban shortly after midnight near I-57 and 99th Street.
Police say there were 11 kids ranging in age from 3-14 in the vehicle when it crashed.
Police say some are Conwell's children.
State police say none of the injuries appear life-threatening.
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap