DUI charge for mother after 9 children injured in crash
August 2, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 30-year-old Chicago mother has been charged with drunk driving after she was involved in a rollover crash that left nine children injured Friday morning on the South Side.
The woman, identified by state police as Tonica Conwell, reportedly lost control of her Chevy Suburban shortly after midnight near I-57 and 99th Street.
Police say there were 11 kids ranging in age from 3-14 in the vehicle when it crashed.
Police say some are Conwell's children.
State police say none of the injuries appear life-threatening.
- Boy, 12, killed in hit-and-run in Whiting
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos