DUI charge for mother after 9 children injured in crash
August 2, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 30-year-old Chicago mother has been charged with drunk driving after she was involved in a rollover crash that left nine children injured Friday morning on the South Side.
The woman, identified by state police as Tonica Conwell, reportedly lost control of her Chevy Suburban shortly after midnight near I-57 and 99th Street.
Police say there were 11 kids ranging in age from 3-14 in the vehicle when it crashed.
Police say some are Conwell's children.
State police say none of the injuries appear life-threatening.
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders 8 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Employees, customers prepare Dominick's final days 46 min ago
- Midlothian store allegedly burglarized 3 times in 1 night 38 min ago
- Gov. Quinn looks back on 2013
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- 'I-55 Bandit' pleads guilty to robbery charge
- Briggs' status still up in air for Bears
- Kanye West opens pop-up store in Chicago
- Weekender Report by Roz Varon
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop...
8 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos