Arrest made in Joliet restaurant shooting
August 3, 2013 (JOLIET, Ill.) (WLS) -- A man is arrested after allegedly gunning down another man in the middle of a restaurant in Joliet.
Police say 31-year-old Christopher Thompson walked into Louis' Family Restaurant Saturday morning and shot 29-year-old Gerardo Franchini at point blank range several times.
The victim was with his wife and two children at the time.
Police later found Thompson in nearby Crest Hill and convinced him to surrender.
Thompson is facing several charges, including murder. He was scheduled to appear in bond court Monday.
- Snow, cold fail to deter holiday shoppers
- Chicago pastor under investigation for child sex abuse
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Several injured in Racine pile-up
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- FEMA canvassing tornado areas in Central Ill. 25 min ago
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House
- Church holds service outside after roof collapse
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- Man dies after Evanston shooting, car crash
- Cold weather brings flight delays, cancellations 39 min ago