Palatine vigil honors Milwaukee Sikh shooting victims
August 5, 2013 (PALATINE, Ill.) -- Sikhs in northwest suburban Palatine honored the victims of a Sikh temple shooting that happened a year ago Monday.
Members of the Palatine Gurdwara held a vigil at the Sikh temple on Winnetka street.
They prayed for the six people who were shot to death at a temple near Milwaukee last year on this date.
Organizers of Monday night's event said they're also praying for the first-responders and the community who came together after the shooting.
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder 8 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 2 min ago
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago 29 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting 27 min ago
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway 12 min ago
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman 42 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins lands after 6 months in space
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
2 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010...
8 min ago
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as...
42 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos