Palatine vigil honors Milwaukee Sikh shooting victims
August 5, 2013 (PALATINE, Ill.) -- Sikhs in northwest suburban Palatine honored the victims of a Sikh temple shooting that happened a year ago Monday.
Members of the Palatine Gurdwara held a vigil at the Sikh temple on Winnetka street.
They prayed for the six people who were shot to death at a temple near Milwaukee last year on this date.
Organizers of Monday night's event said they're also praying for the first-responders and the community who came together after the shooting.
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border 44 min ago
- Target credit card breach causes anger, frustration
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 59 min ago
- Report: Centrella could buy some Dominick's stores 2 min ago
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Deck the malls with security
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Pastor defrocked after officiating son's gay marriage 26 min ago
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
59 min ago
- Report: Centrella could buy some Dominick's...
2 min ago
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border
44 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos