Dixmoor police chief fired over protest walk out
August 8, 2013 (DIXMOOR, Ill.) (WLS) -- The Cook County sheriff's office has confirmed that Dixmoor Police Chief Robert Fox has been fired by the town's mayor.
There's no official word on the reason for the firing but it appears to be related to an incident last Sunday when two Dixmoor officers walked of the job to protest working conditions.
According to the sheriff's office and a Dixmoor board member, it appears that Fox was fired because he asked the sheriff for assistance after the two officers left their posts.
- Officer in good condition following police chase 52 min ago
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Daily Herald: Kid Loses Foot In Train Accident
- Photos: St. Patrick's Day in Chicago
- abcnews: Curious Case of L.A.'s Tattooed Ted Cruz...