Dixmoor police chief fired over protest walk out
August 8, 2013 (DIXMOOR, Ill.) (WLS) -- The Cook County sheriff's office has confirmed that Dixmoor Police Chief Robert Fox has been fired by the town's mayor.
There's no official word on the reason for the firing but it appears to be related to an incident last Sunday when two Dixmoor officers walked of the job to protest working conditions.
According to the sheriff's office and a Dixmoor board member, it appears that Fox was fired because he asked the sheriff for assistance after the two officers left their posts.
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Naperville votes to allow MMA fights, with restrictions
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station 13 min ago
- Chicago FOP president suspended
- Aurora house fire injures 3; 4 dogs escape safe
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus 54 min ago