Local

Terrence Snowden, Phillip L. Boyd charged in South Chicago drive-by shooting

Sunday, August 11, 2013
Terrence Snowden, 24 (left) and Phillip L. Boyd, 23 (right)

Terrence Snowden, 24 (left) and Phillip L. Boyd, 23 (right) (WLS Photo)

Two men were charged in connection with the drive-by shooting death of a man in the South Chicago neighborhood last month.

Tyrone Hart, 18, was standing on the corner in the 8000 block of South Chappel Avenue when a passenger inside a passing black Nissan Maxima opened fire about 7:45 p.m. July 23, authorities said.

Hart, of the 8100 block of South Chappel Avenue, was shot in the chest and taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital where he was pronounced dead at 8:45 p.m., according to the Cook County Medical Examiner's office.

Terrence Snowden, 24, and Phillip L. Boyd, 23, were both charged with first-degree murder, police said. Snowden was also charged with possessing a firearm without a valid FOID card and cannabis possession.

Snowden, of the 8700 block of South Euclid Avenue and Boyd, of the 7700 block of South Bennett Avenue, are expected Monday in bond court.

(Source: Sun-Times Media Wire - Copyright Chicago Sun-Times 2013.)

(Copyright ©2013 WLS-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

Get more Local »


Tags:
chicago shooting, local
blog comments powered by Disqus
Advertisement