Jesse Jackson Jr. submits prison location preferences
August 12, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Just two days before his sentencing, Jesse Jackson Jr.'s attorneys have filed a notice with the Bureau of Prisons on where the former congressman wants to serve his time.
Jackson is requesting facilities that would keep him close to his wife and children during incarceration.
If he serves time at a minimum security facility, he's asking to do time in Montgomery Alabama, because it's the closest such facility.
If he's assigned to a federal correctional institution, he's requesting Butner-Low in North Carolina.
Jackson's wife, Sandi will also be sentenced on Wednesday.
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
- Mayor to expand repaving initiative for potholes
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges
- Man shot to death in Hammond
- Man charged with murder for South Side bar shooting
- Police: Woman sexually assaulted on Northwest Side
- Young girl killed by falling bookcase in Northbrook
- Sign of Spring: Original Rainbow Cone now open
- Malaysia denies report missing plane kept flying hours after...
- Beer lawsuit alleges hockey arena charged $3 more for same-size... 21 min ago
- Man arrested after Colorado child kidnapping, 2 carjackings
- abcnews: Amazon Accused of Cheating on Free Shipping
- SXSW crash in downtown Austin kills 2,...
29 min ago