Mellody Hobson, George Lucas baby Everest born
August 13, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Newlyweds George Lucas and Mellody Hobson have a new baby.
Representatives for the creator of "Star Wars" announced the birth Monday.
Lucas, 69, and Hobson, who is president of Ariel Investments, were married in June.
In July, their wedding reception -- attended by many Hollywood stars and high-profile Chicagoans -- was held at Promontory Point.
The baby girl is named Everest Hobson Lucas.
She is the couple's first child and was born Friday via surrogate.
Hobson is Lucas' second wife and chairman of the board for DreamWorks Animation. Lucas also has a 32-year-old daughter, a 25-year-old daughter and a 20-year-old son. He was previously married to film editor Marcia Lou Griffin.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Tinley Park hosts St. Patrick's Day parade
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos