Mellody Hobson, George Lucas baby Everest born
August 13, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Newlyweds George Lucas and Mellody Hobson have a new baby.
Representatives for the creator of "Star Wars" announced the birth Monday.
Lucas, 69, and Hobson, who is president of Ariel Investments, were married in June.
In July, their wedding reception -- attended by many Hollywood stars and high-profile Chicagoans -- was held at Promontory Point.
The baby girl is named Everest Hobson Lucas.
She is the couple's first child and was born Friday via surrogate.
Hobson is Lucas' second wife and chairman of the board for DreamWorks Animation. Lucas also has a 32-year-old daughter, a 25-year-old daughter and a 20-year-old son. He was previously married to film editor Marcia Lou Griffin.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary 38 min ago
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado 54 min ago
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation 48 min ago
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden 39 min ago
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp
- Woman wanted for Wicker Park bank robbery
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home