Ex-Ceasefire director Tio Hardiman to run for governor of Illinois
August 16, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Former Ceasefire director Tio Hardiman is eyeing a political future and a run for Governor of Illinois.
Hardiman tells the Sun-Times he will campaign for the state's highest office.
He says he's been considering it since before his arrest in May on suspicion of domestic battery.
That ended his tenure leading Ceasefire and its violence prevention effort.
His wife declined to pursue charges in the case.
Hardiman is planning a news conference to spell out his candidacy on Saturday.
- Snow, cold fail to deter holiday shoppers
- Chicago pastor under investigation for child sex abuse
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Several injured in Racine pile-up
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury 21 min ago
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House
- Church holds service outside after roof collapse
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- Man dies after Evanston shooting, car crash
- Ice storm, sleet, deep freeze in Mid-Atlantic, East Coast areas
- Kennedy Center Honors for Joel, MacLaine, Santana, Hancock,...