CPS building demolition met by protesters
August 16, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Demolition work slated to begin at a Chicago Public School building in the Heart of Chicago neighborhood is being met by protesters.
The protesters are demonstrating outside Whittier Elementary School near 23rd and Damen.
Demolition crews have legal orders to begin dismantling the field house behind the school which engineers say is structurally unsafe.
Protestors delayed a demolition on the building back in 2010.
Police have asked protestors to disperse or risk arrest.
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds