Des Plaines home invasion suspects sought
August 17, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Des Plaines Police Department has released sketches in hopes of getting the public's help in finding two suspects in a violent home invasion.
According to a police news release, a Des Plaines resident answered a knock on his door Thursday afternoon and found two men dressed in what he described as navy blue uniforms. The two men reportedly identified themselves as police officers and said they had a warrant to search the home. The homeowner allowed the men to enter. Then, one of the two men handcuffed the resident behind his back.
Police say the offenders began searching the home and took several items of value. The men were also armed with a handgun and Taser, police said. When the residents tried unsuccessfully to get away, the offenders reportedly hit him several times in the face and body and Tased him in the face.
Des Plaines police say the suspects left the home in a white-colored car that was described as looking like an unmarked police vehicle.
The victim was able to get help from a neighbor and was transported to Lutheran General Hospital for treatment of non-life threatening injuries, police said.
The first suspect is described as a white male between the ages of 40 and 45 approximately 6 feet tall and 190 lbs.
The second suspect is described as a black male between the ages of 35 and 45, between 5 ft. 7 inches and 5 ft. 9 inches with a stocky build and a goatee.
Des Plaines police say it appears the victim was the intended target and it was not a random crime.
Anyone who thinks they might have information on the offenders is asked to call the Des Plaines Police Department.
- Officer, man shot in Arlington Heights standoff 1 min ago
- Brutal cold grips continues; more snow coming 7 min ago
- Mother charged in death of 7-month-old baby
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 7 min ago
- Man charged after boy allegedly brings gun to Elgin school
- Gun violence victims remembered at Roseland vigil 41 min ago
- Block 37 developers indicted on federal fraud charges
- Mariano's holds job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Our Lady of Guadalupe celebration wraps up in Des Plaines
- Feds crack down on unsafe buses
- No retrial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- Rally held to support CTA program that helps ex-convicts
- Mom charged after YouTube postings of alphabet lesson
- abcnews: More Teens Sought in Mansion Party
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
7 min ago
- Officer, man shot in Arlington Heights...
1 min ago
- Brutal cold grips continues; more snow coming
7 min ago
- Admitted Chicago terrorist's 'hate mail'
45 min ago